Treasured Amish & Mennonite Recipes by Mennonite Central Committee and Alan Giagnocavo

Story: 10
Presentation: 10
Total: 20
Publisher: Fox Chapel Publishing
Cookbook
To Purchase

Blurb: Filled with 627 of the best recipes gathered from Amish and Mennonite cooks from across the United States and Canada, Treasured Amish & Mennonite Recipes will have you preparing delicious, down-to-earth dishes your family will request again and again.

In this newly revised edition that includes 50 new recipes, you'll find an endless array of appetizers, soups, salads, main dishes, casseroles, breads, and desserts that are easy to make and require only the simplest and freshest of ingredients.

In fact, everything you need is probably already in the pantry, growing in the backyard, or easily purchased at the local market. One taste and you'll see why these recipes have been bringing families and communities together at the table for generations.

Review: Yes, I am one of those women who actually READ a cookbook :) Strange? Perhaps but let me tell you that I find them very interesting. Not only do I get to discover a ton of yummy sounding foods, but I even get to learn about different combinations and ways of cooking.

I was super excited to get the chance to read and review this one. There is nothing that I love better than going through my grannie's recipie box in search of trasured favorites. This book was filled with down home favorites that I will be tackeling in my own kitchen to serve with love to my family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment