Flirting With the Fireman by Judy Jarvie

Story: 6
Presentation: 8
Total: 12
Publisher: The Wild Rose Press
Sweet Contemporary
To Purchase

Blurb: Felicity Truro's diary is filling up with problems. First there's the ugliest bridesmaid's dress in the world, then there's her sick aunt's serious secret. But it's Rod McAllister, the handsome firefighter best man with attitude, who's melting her willpower and frazzling her nerves the most.

Can Flick survive being a bridesmaid for the eleventh time whilst falling for the best man? And how will she cope when Rod needs a stand-in and she's promoted to top of the candidate list?

Review: The blurb really grabbed. I could have done without all the email, IM, voice mails and diary excerpts.

Really the idea for the story and the plot were cute. But for me, it was a bit…daunting. I don’t mind emails and such thrown in on occasion in a story. Hey, it’s the world we live in now, but I just got bogged down with the sheer number in this story. I would have enjoyed it much more without nearly as many.

Don’t get me wrong, the author did a good job with the writing. The way it was presented just wasn’t for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment